Our Treasury Department is equipped with the latest Trading Information systems, ensuring that our dealing room has access to the global currency market and is up-to-date with the latest financial data and news.
We are able to assist in international trade and investment by allowing businesses and individuals to convert from one currency to another to suit their trade needs.
The treasury team undertakes the following functions:
- Active monitoring of the local and international currency exchange market on local currency Usd/Kes and other G10 currencies e.g USD/ GBP/ EUR/ JPY/ CHF/ AUD and ZAR
- First class remittance and settlements either in local currency (via RTGS) or foreign currency ( via SWIFT
- Relaying of daily exchange rate bulletins, market advice news and a weekly overview of the exchange markets
- Information and analysis of currency trends.
Bank of Africa offers the full range of traditional foreign exchange products.
These simple products are able to manage nearly all risk associated with the Forex market.
|SPOT||A currency trade settled within same day/next day or within
2 business days of transacting.
• Ability to take full advantage of favorable market moves
• Generally, no collateral requirements
|FORWARD||A currency trade with the exchange rate fixed today for settlement on a date beyond two business days in the future||
|FLEXIBLE FORWARD||Currency trade with the exchange rate fixed today where future settlement is within a pre-determined ‘draw-down period’ of up to three months.||
|CURRENCY SWAP||A currency trade with one currency converted into another and ‘swapped’ back on a pre-determined date in the future.||